The Planning Group is one of the Society’s busiest groups.
Our objectives can be seen here.
Every week, we circulate to Planning Group members details of planning applications that affect High Wycombe town and neighbouring areas, and decide which ones we should object to, or support, and on what grounds. Then once a month (usually the fourth Monday) we meet up, for about two hours, to consider all major current planning issues. Typically our discussions include:
- The latest planning policy documents received from Wycombe District Council, whether it is a new Local Plan, the Town Centre Masterplan, specific policy statements on, for example, the rules for housing intensification (“infill”), Green Belt policy, or the timing of major new developments
Recent contacts with developers, who are often asked by the District Council to consult us about major new development proposals before firm planning applications are finalised and submitted, and who often stage public exhibitions on which comments are invited
- Specific issues which we know concern our members, such as the state of the Town Centre and Frogmoor
- Forthcoming public inquiries and examinations: an inquiry will often follow a developer’s appeal against refusal of a planning application by the District Council, where the Society will sometimes add its evidence to the Council’s in seeking to have the appeal dismissed; public examinations take place on all new major planning documents (e.g. new Local Plan) and the Group has to decide what to say on behalf of the Society
- Policy statements issued by the Government’s Planning Portal; these can give valuable insights into important issues such as the latest government planning proposals or guidance on the Green Belt or permitted development (i.e. development the Government has decided does not need planning permission)
- A quick resumé of planning applications considered over the previous weeks.
You can contact the Planning Group by email at email@example.com.
Planning links and documents
- The High Wycombe Masterplan and the “Alternative Route”
- Deculverting the River Wye
- Society response to the draft Wycombe District Local Plan
- High Wycombe Town Centre Questionnaire, May 2015 (archive)